|Black Stallion 2000|
|Model||1997 Ford F-150 (Black Stallion 2000)|
Black Stallion 2000 is a monster truck featured in Monster Truck Madness 2 owned by Michael and Pamela Vaters.
Black Stallion got is name because Michael always liked the color black. "It's a powerful color," he says. Michael's awe at the power and beauty of horses provided the second half of the truck's name.
In January of 1996 the Black Stallion 2000 was debuted in Worcester, Massachusetts. Michael Vaters placed 12th in the PENDA point series in the same year.
In 1997 and 1998 Vaters raced Black Stallion for Special Events and in the Thunder Nationals Series.
In 1999 Vaters won the Thunder National and Monster National championship. In the same year while at the Bloomsburg PA event he flew the Black Stallion over top of the Nitemare, being the first monster truck to ever jump another monster truck.
In 2000 Vaters and the Black Stallion were chosen by popular vote from the Thunder National series to attend the Monster Jam World Finals in Las Vegas but due to prior bookings was unable to attend. When the 2001 Monster Jam Finals came around Mike made sure he had that date open in the event he was asked to perform. The Black Stallion was chosen by the fans to compete in Las Vegas Nevada at the Monster Jam World Finals in 2001.
- Seven time USHRA Thunder Nationals champion
- Five time USHRA World Finalist
- Six time Monster Spectacular champion
- Finished third in freestyle competition out of the 20 best trucks in the country at the televised 2005 Monster Jam World Finals in Las Vegas
- The first monster truck to successfully jump another monster truck driving forward in 1999
- First truck to successfully jump another monster truck driving in reverse setting a world record distance of 70 feet in 2002 at Indianapolis, Indiana
- Owners: Michael and Pamela Vaters
- Driver: Michael Vaters
- Hometown: Hagerstown, Maryland
- Vehicle Body: 1997 Ford F-150
- Engine: 565 cubic inch
- Horsepower: Approximately 1500 h.p.
- Transmission: C-6 with a ProFab transfer case
- Tires: 66 x 43 x 25
- Shocks: Custom built by Michael Vaters with 36 inches of travel
- Suspension: 4-link suspension, custom built
- Axles: 106 Clarks with planetaries
- Height: 11 feet, 6 inches
- Width: 11 feet, 4 inches
- Weight: 10,028 pounds (including driver)
- Sponsors: Hagerstown Ford, KC Hilites, Street Glow, Torco Oil, M-30 Hand Cleaners, Continental Converters, House of Kolor Paints
|Bearfoot - Bigfoot - Black Stallion - Boogey Van - Bret "The Hitman" Hart - Bulldozer - Carolina Crusher - Grave Digger - Executioner - Firestone Wilderness - Hollywood Hogan - Monster Patrol - Nitemare - Overkill - Power Wheels - Rampage - Samson - Snake Bite - Stinger - The Outsiders - The Patriot - Wildfoot|